Tuesday 18 May 2010

Mountain Dew, Or... Is It?

Hardcore fans (mostly gamers) have been campaigning and trolling Pepsi Co. for the release of Mountain Dew in the UK for quite a while now.

It was available back in the early 90s for a short time period but since then hasn't been seen on store shelves except when imported from the US or Asia (and sadly Pepsi weren't quite happy with my proposal of a dew pipeline spanning the ocean to bring us sugary goodness) so getting your hands on the stuff for years has been harder than finding a pair on Bieber (Can you see the recurring theme yet?)

But thankfully, salvation was brought to dry mouths when Pepsi announced that they would start marketing the drink in the UK again this year. Sadly, that excitement ended when company decided that there wasn't a market for the drink. Instead they chose to run with 'Mountain Dew Energy'.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm all for energy drinks (Monster FTW) but why couldn't they have listened to the popular demand for the normal US style Dew instead of deciding that energy drinks were the way to go...

Anyway, I decided to drop my prejudice and open my arms embracingly to the prospect of having at least some form of florescent green drink in the UK. And now that I have tried the magical nectar, I can best sum up Mountain Dew Energy as having dropped my trousers to have some fun, but not in a way that I'd have hoped...

The drink itself can be described very simply if you've tasted the real thing. Imagine the normal Mountain Dew, but watered down and with less sugar content. Oh, and more bubbles.

No comments:

Post a Comment